September 17, 2009

The story of the motorbike

For those of you who are wondering why I painted a picture of a motorbike, here is the story.  The town of Digby is the home of the Wharf Rat Rally, the fastest growing motorcycle rally in North America.  I belong to the Home and School Association for the elementary school in Digby.  Our plan is to build a new playground for the elementary students, and that, like eveything else, takes money.   I painted the motorbike and donated the painting to the Home and School, who in turn, raffled it off during the weekend of the Wharf Rat Rally.  We were able to raise over $800 to go toward the Home and School.  I am grateful to all the volunteers who helped sell tickets.  
We hope to do this again next year.  I wandered around the Rally during the weekend and took lots of pictures of bikes.  Lots of chrome and sun gleaming off shiny enamel paint.  In a few months I hope to get started on another bike picture.  Stay tuned...
In the meantime, I have been doing some plein air painting.  Just a little bit each week since I came back from Cape Breton.  I hope to have something ready to post soon.  

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to help the cause. Looking forward to seeing the next bike.

    ReplyDelete