October 29, 2009

Snow paintings

December Sunrise, 7 x 10", watercolour, Oct 2009, $195
These are paintings done for display and sale at the Digby General Hospital as part of their Winter Light show, starting November 18th. I have painted the above winter scene before. It is of the view from the home where I grew up. I have liked the previous paintings so much that I kept it for myself and gave the next one to my parents. The one above is a new interpretation, and is the first time I have offered this scene for sale.
Shadows Stretching, 5 x 7", watercolour, Oct 2009, $98
Light through Trees, 5 x 7", watercolour, Oct 2009, $98
One cold and bright February morning I went for a walk. The snow was newly fallen and the sun was still low in the sky. The light coming through the trees was fantastic. I took many photos and as I go back to them at this time of year, I always find something new to portray.

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled on to your site. I have to say I envy your watercolors. I love you sailboat watercolors the most.

    ~Kirby
    www.kirbysart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete