May 25, 2010

Calm Start, 7 x 5", watercolour, May 2010
Sold
Here is another sailboat painting. More from the same beautiful morning last summer. I am experimenting with how the placement of the main subject changes the feeling of the painting. This one differs from the previous one in that I have suggested the waterline with a few light strokes
(lifted out the paint with a clean wet brush) I feel that it settles the boat more in space, as opposed to feeling like the boat is floating without an idea of where the horizon is.
And now for something completely different. I have never painted a picture of a horse before, and thought that as I have access to such wonderful subject matter, I should give it a go.
Jura II, 7 x 5", watercolour, May 25, 2010
Sold
Jura I, 5 x 7", watercolour, May 25, 2010
Jura is a fjord pony, and is my mother's horse. She is a beautiful animal, especially in the early morning sunshine, when she just glows. I am really pleased with how these two sketches turned out and so am going to give the first one to my mother. Surprise Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment