June 6, 2010

News!!

Waiting it Out, 10 x 14", watercolour
Diploma Collection of the Canadian Society of Painters in Watercolour
I am very excited to announce that I have been elected a member of the Canadian Society of Painters in Watercolour (CSPWC for short). After attending their most excellent symposium in Cape Breton last August I felt encouraged enough to submit an application to be a member. My application was successful and I am one of a few to be selected this year to join the ranks of over 265 very accomplished Canadian artists. The goal of the Society is to recognize, encourage and nurture excellence of work in watercolour. You can read more about the Society by clicking here: http://www.cspwc.com/ I am thrilled to join the ranks of the Society, which includes members such as Jean Pederson, Bill Rogers, Chris Gorey and many many more fantastic painters. All whom I have met within the Society have been very generous in sharing their knowledge, and I look forward to learning more from them in future. Stay tuned for more Society news, as there will be an information session about the Society, complete with a demo by yours truly, scheduled for Digby July 17, 2010. Contact me for more info if you are interested.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This is a great honor but you have also worked very hard to deserve it. I also wanted to say that I love the paintings of Jura your mon's horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations Poppy!
    it was great seeing you at the paint out! your work is
    so fluent, and vibrant! and joyful to look at!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, Thanks! Mom was totally suprised when the painting arrived in the mail!
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simone,
    It was great to see you and watch your painting take shape! I so admire your brushwork so your comments mean a lot. I am looking forward to seeing all your paintings on Friday.
    All the best,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete