August 2, 2010

field sketches


Hayfield sketch III, 5 x 7 inches, watercolour, July 2010

I was in NB for haying this year, the first year in a long time that I have managed to get there in time for it.  We managed to bring in the years required hay in one day.  It is nice when family and friends can get the work done together.  I have painted this field many times but almost always looking away from the buildings. This might be the first view which includes the house and barn where I grew up.  I have been working on some little hayfield sketches in preparation for a bigger painting, so stay tuned. The larger one is shaping up well in my studio so I may post it relatively soon.

Here is a painting that I am entering in the CSPWC Atlantic Members show in Inverness, Cape Breton, NS in September.   It too shows the hay field, but just days before it was cut.  My apologies if I have posted this one already.

Hayfield, 7 x 10", watercolour, July 2010, (painted plein air)

No comments:

Post a Comment