August 24, 2010

Paint the Town in Annapolis Royal

Despite gloomy forecasts the weather this weekend past was splendid and made for happy artists on the weekend as 70 of us converged on Annapolis to paint and otherwise create art for silent auction.  To read more about Paint the Town read my last post or visit the ARCAC site.  I will post photos of the paintings over the next few days as I am still dealing with a garden that is determined to bury me in produce! Today was garlic and tomatoes, tomorrow corn (yum!) and green beans, (again!).

 Early at the Market, 7 x 10", watercolour, SOLD

I started in the Farmers Market just as it was setting up for the day.  This is the first painting that I made on the weekend, and the first to sell, too. It shows the side portion of the Annapolis Royal Farmer's and Trader's Market, one of my favourite places to be on a sunny Saturday Morning.  Painting whilst there made it even more fun! 

Rowing Reflections, 5 x 7", watercolour, SOLD

This little one I painted on Sunday while on the wharf.  It might just be my favourite from the weekend.  Painters, unlike parents, are allowed to have favourites!   As I was painting another boat from my perch on the wharf, this rowboat appeared around a point of land.  I dropped what I was doing and started sketching this as quickly as I could before it was out of view.  Then I got some photos, too, for future reference.  The boat came up to the wharf.  The gentleman moored her and climbed up a tall ladder to the wharf top and walked into town to get some supplies.  I struck up a conversation with him when he returned.  It turned out that he had rowed his from his larger retired fishing boat which was moored out in the channel a long distance away.  He is a retired fisherman.  We talked about boats, fishing and Digby for a while and then off he went, rowing the kilometer or more back to his boat. 

That's all for now folks, but come back soon to see the rest of my paint the town picures.




No comments:

Post a Comment