September 19, 2010

Open Farm Day



Today was Open Farm Day.  And I missed it!  I had scheduled one of my children's birthday party for today and by the time it was over we were all done for.  So we went home and played with new toys (them) and cleaned up (me).  At least I am learning something and we had the party at the bowling alley.  Money well spent to outsource the location.  Much less cleanup, need I say more?

So I missed my chance to visit with local farmers.  At least four farms in the near-by area opened their grounds to the public today, giving us all a chance to meet them and learn more about what it is that they do.  I am lucky, I have met all these people before and know they grow good stuff.  But they always put on a good show for us on Open Farm day with activities for kids, yummy snacks and animals to see and touch.  And the weather was perfect for those who did go.  I will try harder to get there next year...

On an agricultural note, my painting of my family haying has won some recognition,  which is very exciting!




Finalist- Outstanding Watercolor, Bold Brush Painting Competition (August 2010)
While the Sun Shines, 14 x 21", watercolour, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment