June 18, 2008

Finally I have time to paint again

After weeks of running around doing other things and delivering paintings here and there I finally have some time to paint again. Here is what I have done lately:

Wake (study), 4 x 6", June 2008

Private Collection

Lady Slipper, 14 x 10", June 2008

Private Collection

These are pink ladyslippers, they are native to the Atlantic Provinces but they are very rarely seen around where I grew up in New Brunswick. I was delighted when I discovered some here. One does have to know where to look, though; maybe I just did not know where to look in NB. If you are lucky enough to see them in the wild, please leave them (or any other wildflower for that matter) undisturbed. Even picking the blossoms will remove seeds from the ecosystem and disrupt the natural patterns of the plant, leaving less plants in years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Your lady slippers are lovely! :)

    However, since I've started climbing I've seen them in abundance. One spot we go frequently has 14 or 15 within as many feet. In some spots, they grow within feet of the rock. I love seeing them there. :)

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete